THE GOOD LIFE -- When James Bond travels to The Bahamas, he drops in on the ocean front estate of the sinister Emilio Largo, who offers Bond an afternoon of skeet shooting, a grand tour of his sharkfilled saltwater pool, and a refreshing Rum Collins, the essential balance of sour and sweet, and regarded by many as the perfect cocktail.
"It's about that time isn't it."
PREPARING THE COLLINS
1. Take a tall Collins glass; and fill with ice.
2. Add 1.5 ounces of Gin (or Rum for a Rum Collins).
3. Into the glass, squeeze the juice of one medium-sized lemon and one lime. (The juice can also be squeezed in advance.)
4. Add about half an ounce of simple syrup.
5. Top with Club Soda or Seltzer.
6. Garnish with lemon.
7. Serve and enjoy.